At Sodexo, our mission is to “Improve the Quality of Daily Life.” We embrace sustainability ideals to make sure we consider the environmental, social and economic implications of all our actions.
At Sodexo, we pursue the use of:
- Locally grown and sustainable food products.
- Environmentally friendly food service products, such as plates, cups, utensils and cleaning supplies.
- Biodegradable disposable products, such as plates and bowls produced from 100 percent post-industrial reclaimed fiber.
- Suppliers who adhere to our Code of Conduct, which contains principles relating to child and forced labor, wages and benefits, working hours, health, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Food Alliance – Partners locally sustainable-certified farms to Sodexo campus, healthcare and corporate accounts.
- The Sustainable Food Laboratory – Accelerates the process of moving locally grown product availability from niche to mainstream customers, including Sodexo’s many customers.
- United Natural Foods – Delivers certified organic products to campuses where Sodexo provides services.
- “Farm to Fork” – Senator Hillary Clinton’s program designed to make local farming in New York State a more competitive enterprise.
- “Cartridges for Kids” and Easter Seals – Converts office supplies, such as old printer cartridges and mobile phones, into cash to provide technology and tools to farmers with debilitating injuries or conditions and to provide financial support for small farmers and ranchers.
Learn more about Sodexo’s commitment to sustainability: